October 31, 2006
Don't do drugs!
WHITNEY'S MAKEOVER TIPS
By Danica Lo
October 31, 2006 -- THE haggard drug addict look is soooo 2005.
Whitney Houston stepped out Sunday night looking radiant and better than ever after her stint in rehab and ditching bad-news hubby Bobby Brown. How did Whitney go from strung-out to sexy? We cracked her secret:
1. Stop doing drugs. Ever seen a drug addict with really great skin? Even coked-up supermodels have to pile on the pancake makeup.
2. Stop hanging out with people who like drugs, or are like drugs. Like, say, nothing-but-trouble husbands.
3. Drink water instead of doing drugs. "Whitney looks hydrated, with a healthy look," says Mzia Shiman, an aesthetician at OC61 salon. "She's taking care of her skin with the right treatments - her skin appears poreless, and the only way to achieve poreless skin, despite makeup tricks, is through continuous microdermabrasion facials.
4. Don't stay up all night doing drugs. "She's clearly not losing sleep over Bobby Brown, since her eye area is smooth and de-puffed," Shiman says.
5. Don't have druggie hair. "Whitney has embraced her new life as a strong single woman with a fresh and updated shorter do," says Louise O'Connor, owner and creative director of OC61 salon. "The heavy swept bangs keep it sexy and young while the lightened color and gold highlights brighten her face."
6. Work out instead of doing drugs. Houston's always had a killer body, and wearing a form-fitting dress - not body-engulfing baggy clothes - shows off her fab physique to its utmost.
7. Use warm makeup, not drugs. "Whitney Houston is about women taking control and empowering their lives," says celebrity makeup artist Napoleon Perdis. "The lips are feminine with a warm copper lipstick and hydrating lacquer for shine and sparkle - she's ready to tell her story!"
8. And, finally, stop doing drugs. It helps you get another record contract.